Friday, May 14, 2010

Nostalgia

I was back on the U of M campus. I had one more task to complete before I could leave-- a sort of final: I had to fry a slab of beef on the sidewalk by Northrup. Karlee called to say she was done with her article so I went over to the Daily to edit it. Jim was furious that I would usurp his powers as her editor and break the chain of command. I told him I could break the chain of command whenever I wanted to. He got violent, and I used the moves I learned in my self defense class to beat him back. I used a desk for leverage and launched both of my heeled boots into his gut. I ran down the stairs yelling that he was a pervert.

I was trying to get home and used the "M" bridge by my old apartment building to get to University Avenue and try to catch a bus. I glanced at the cityscape from that vantage and felt sad that I wouldn't be able to have my wedding pictures there. I hopped on an open-top Campus Connector and we sped down frat row. I was holding a giant red exercise ball that was annoying the guy sitting in front of me.

I got off the bus when I saw signs for the No. 4 bus stop and ran into Bryce. He didn't see me so I tapped him on the shoulder. He was shocked that I was there, but had to run off to finish his finals. He left before I could tell him Matt and I were engaged. The 4D (for Denver) bus rolled up and I boarded, thinking how convenient it was that there was a bus that went all the way from the U of M to my apartment in Portland.

No comments: