Thursday, May 15, 2008

A hog, a hoochie, I'm hungry

I was supposed to ride down to the Cities Friday night with my coworker Sarah. Instead, she told me, we would have to ride with Peter, the business reporter, on his Harley. I was extremely nervous about doing so as it was winter and I was afraid A. my toes would freeze off B. I'd fall asleep and fall off C. we'd get frozen in place and D. there just wouldn't be room enough for three people on the back of a bike. We ended up making it to about Proctor when his hog broke down and we had to ride bicycles back into the city so we could find Sarah's car.

I was in a shopping mall in DC. I went to get a smoothie and they gave me a lemonade-blue raspberry-chocolate chip combination that was utterly atrocious. I tried to complain but decided to just suck it up (pun!) instead. I turned a corner and saw my sister wearing shorts so tight they were giving her a muffin top and a skimpy tank top. I told her in no uncertain terms that she looked like a skank. She got upset and turned away from me. I caught up with her and tried to explain that she should buy clothes based on the way they fit her, not for their size. I've worn a size8 since middle school, I told her, but there are times when a 6 or a 10 worked better. This information amazed her.

My mom and I were waiting at a campus for Anna to meet up with us. I ended up going down to the cafeteria because I was hungry. My cell phone didn't get any coverage down there and I was worried she'd be mad at me because she couldn't find me.

1 comment:

Anna W. said...

awwww I wouldn't be mad at you! I would probs ask to share in your cafeteria sundries though.