Saturday, December 13, 2008

An evening with Parse

I was in a gas station. We set up chairs to watch the TV, which had groups of scantily clad female dancers about to play football. Rachel Maddow was the attendant there. I was helping her set up, and she asked me if I ever listened to her radio show (which she was about to do live from the gas station). I told that honestly, I hadn't, but that I watched her video podcast every day. She was upset that I didn't listen to the radio show, so to butter her up I told her my favorite part of her TV show was when she interviewed people who didn't know what they were talking about and she hit them back with, "What about this? What about this???" She looked like she had just come from taping her show-- she had a lot of make up on.

I was settling into my chair, ready to watch the football game when Jake P. walked into the store. I was so excited to see him and rushed up to him to give him a hug. We left the gas station together and went walking along a long hallway. We turned into a room that was usually used by a bear trapper. I busied myself sewing a shirt more securely to a giant stuffed bear while Jake slept. The trapper's alarm clock awoke him with Israeli music. We both jumped up and started doing Israeli dancing around the room.

He peeked out the door to ascertain no one was coming and then ran across the hallway/road to a tex-mex restauarant. There were a lot of chiles roasting on a huge grill in the front. Jake decided he was going to try to work there. He started filling out their application while I inspected their ready-made sandwiches. Some of them, like the roast beef and horseradish, were priced at $17. Others, like the Oregon Special, were priced at $4. I opted for the latter.

No comments: