Saturday, December 27, 2008

Nostalgia

I was on campus riding a bike that had special tracking powers. You could put in the four digit code of the building you wanted to go to and it would automatically steer you there. I put in the same code I saw someone else use and took off. I attempted to steer against its intended path but found it impossible. I was riding on the sidewalk, and I wondered if I was going to get in trouble for not riding it in the bike lane instead.

I ended up at the Daily. I thought maybe I should have called before coming, but I had intended to visit anyway so I thought now was a good a time as ever. A female reporter was having trouble with an interview she'd done with Drew Barrymore. She had done the interview via email, which I frowned upon. She wanted to know if she should just do straight Q-and-A or try to weave in some information about Drew's travels. I recommended the latter. I took a look at the copy and was horrified to see that the reporter kept exclaiming, "OH, BARRY!!!!!!!!!!!" after nearly everything Drew said. So unprofessional.

I went downstairs to say hi to Vadim. He asked my opinion on something and it felt good to know that my opinion still had value there.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This one doesn't take a psychoanalyst to figure out--I have such hopes that you will once again be in a position where you'll be valued and your talents will be put to work.