Monday, December 8, 2008

Home invasion and boss evasion

I was in the house of a family I used to babysit for, except with a wider staircase, and it was my house. I was there with two siblings. A man and later a woman repeatedly tried to get up the stairs, evidently to murder us, and we had to try to fight them back. I flipped the woman over the railing.

***

I knelt on my bed facing the headboard and started taking a shower with a nearby hose. "This is weird," I thought to myself. "Do I always do this? Don't I get the bed really wet? Won't Matt get mad at me?" I got dressed and drove to the mall. It was 8 in the morning but it was bustling. I made my way over to Macy's, where I wanted to look at some dresses. First I had to wander through the kids' floor, where the cashiers were dressed as if they worked at Wal-Mart. Disgusted, I gave up and went back to the car. I parked it several blocks away from the apartment and called my boss as I walked home. I told her I was too sick to come into work-- I had a sore throat, chills, fever and body aches. She asked why there was so much traffic in the background. I lied and told her I had just been to the store to pick up medication.

No comments: