Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Bad Painting, Bad Yarn and a Bad Haircut

No. 1: I was going to go camping with my boyfriend, brother and brother's friends. I couldn't figure out what to wear other than a sports bra. I tried to convince my boyfriend to bring along the art supplies I got him for his birthday in case there was a tree I wanted to paint. I ended up making a cool painting of a woman with really small dreadlocks, but messed up when I did her mouth. It was way out of proportion.

No. 2: I was in a different city, not one that I've been to before or know the name of but that I visit in my dreams sometimes. It was rainy. I stepped into a store that looked like it was selling yarn. The main floor was selling cheap-looking flats and pleather purses, and really expensive but small skeins of yarn that weren't that great. Downstairs they were selling books. I couldn't find anything that appealed to me. In the level below that, they were selling CDs and I found three by Jenny Owen Youngs, a singer I really like but haven't purchased anything from yet. I was pleased.

No. 3: I was on the U of M campus with my friend Aleta. I was doing some sort of project or on some sort of mission and decided I needed to talk to someone who worked there. We crossed the Washington Ave. Bridge, which was painted with a weird design to make it look like there were 3-D fences coming up everywhere. I saw a very tall man with gangly limbs and an atrocious mushroom haircut (like the one in No Country for Old Men). He began telling me the history of Dinkytown, which he claimed to have created, while riding a bike in wide circles because his limbs were too long for him to walk very well. Aleta was wearing a very pretty blue polka-dot dress with tulle underneath. She was bored.