Monday, April 28, 2008

Destruction and Disgustion

-I was driving to work and intending to take the highway downtown. A vicious storm was brewing, and the lake was cresting with 10-foot waves. It had washed a good portion of the highway away. I finally got to work, and was shocked at the state of my desk. There were newspapers and other debris everywhere. Since my managers were in a news meeting I decided to take some time to clean it. I had practically a whole kitchen in my desk, with half-eaten granola bars and cans of soup and bottles of wine everywhere. One of my co-workers told me that if I recycled the glass bottles they would later be ground up and turned into astroturf. I was keen to help the environment.

-I was in an amusement park in a mall. I was hugely pregnant. I was concerned my water would break while I was on one of the rides and I wouldn't have a way to get to the hospital. A chase scene might have ensued... the details are fuzzy. All I can remember is being disgusted by the popcorn on the floor.

-I was in a parking lot and my car wouldn't start. I decided to try driving it in neutral since the way home was all downhill.

No comments: