Thursday, April 24, 2008

Hung out with a kitty all night

I'm uber allergic to cats, which makes it weird that I basically had one attached to my chest all night.

I was in a big mansion with my boyfriend. At some point he left and a man with a gun came in. (Aside: why oh why must I always dream of guns??) I had a cat sleeping on my chest and I think the man was asleep too, and I had to keep the cat asleep to keep the man asleep, and to do that I had to constantly pet the kitty. My clothes had disappeared, so I was using the cat to cover myself as well.

My little sister came in and was being very loud. I tried to whisper to her that she had to leave or hide to avoid the man with the gun. She didn't get it. I suggested several hiding places to her and she didn't see why she should have to hide when I didn't have to hide. I tried explaining to her that I would hide if I could but I had to keep the cat asleep, but to no avail.

At some point the man left and several people, including my mother, came into the house. I explained that there was a madman with a gun on the loose who wanted to kill me, and her strategy to stop him was to pull all the shades and make everyone wear plastic shower caps so he couldn't see us. The shades were made of red and green flimsy, see-through crepe paper. My mom wanted to tie them in the middle to make them look better. I got angry at her because that was entirely besides the point-- it enabled outsiders to look in that much easier.

The man came back and started shooting at us through the walls.

No comments: